Our History

The St. Anne’s School was established in 1925 and is recognized by the Maharashtra State Board of Education.  It is an English Medium High School. The school is under the religious jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Bombay.

The School has been administered by the Poor Sisters of Our Lady since 1951. The Institute of the Poor Sisters of Our Lady was founded by Msgr. George Fernandes, on 15th September, 1939, purely for faith formation through education. However the sister are now engaged in varied apostolates: education, social, medical and health centres and reaching out to the marginalized.

Our Lady of Sorrows is the Patroness of the Institute whose feast the Sisters celebrates on 15th September.

The Charism of the Poor Sister of Our Lady is “Gladly Emptying to God” in order to be filled by Him.

The St. Anne’s High School is located in Thakurdwar, St. Francis Xavier Street, Mumbai.